Friday, November 13, 2009

I dissected a hamster

Last Tuesday, our Biology teacher said that we're going to dissect animals on Friday. Some of us will dissect frogs, fish and my group, a white mice. Yes, the one with whiskers and has a cute button nose. Wan Nur said she'll check out the kedai first if they sell frogs there.

Yesterday, I asked Wan Nur about the frog, but she said it's too small. So she bought a hamster. :O I just have to deal with it since it's for biology class. Today, she brought the hamster to school. It was so cute;

The name is BuBu


~~~


When I saw the hamster, I quickly thought of a name. So, I named the hamster BuBu. I don't know why, but the name is just too cute.



BuBu and Bendan (Other group's hamster)


Bubu was such a good hamster, everybody kept playing with him, and insisted not to dissect him during Bio lesson. Tapi kalau tak dissect dia, nak dissect ape? Dah tak ada binatang lain~ T___T OMIGOSH~ I'm so heartless.

After recess, all of us went to the Biology lab. I was sobbing for the first 2 minutes (I'm a human,okay~) , my bio teacher looked pissed and tunjuk muka tak suka (she gave me the look) and then I started to calm down, hold the scalpel and try to do the dissection. I've waited for a year to do the dissection (I wanted to do the dissection since last year) and I'm not going to ruin it. Wan Nur started to dissect Bubu, while Amirah was recording it. It took me a few minutes before I can dissect Bubu. It was really hard because I've already manja manja with the hamster.



~~~




You can see the intestine, the ribcage and other organs here. This is when I knew that bubu is a male hamster.

We're taking out the organs from the hamster.
Thank you Amirah for taking the pics.

Moral of the story is: Don't ever, ever, EVER~ cuddle and pet the animal you're about to dissect. I won't listen, so now I'm terribly sad and felt awful.

BuBu, sayonara. :(

No comments: