Monday, April 11, 2011

My wisdom tooth is not so wise after all

Dear reader,

As I have mentioned in my blog last month, I have to go to HKL for a minor surgery to get my wisdom tooth out. Why? Because I have an impacted wisdom tooth. T____T The dentist said it could be problematic if it's not extracted. So, five days ago my mum dropped me off at the hospital since nak cari parking punya lah susah!


I sat on one of those chairs, thinking;
 "Oh my god, oh my god. Apa aku nak buat nih~"


~~~


After waiting for around half an hour or so, my name was called by one of the nurses. The dentist, doctor Jolene (she's so pretty and friendly! :D) asked how I was doing, explained the procedure, I signed the consent form, and around a couple of minutes after she injected local anesthesia on my gum, I realized that I was completely s-c-r-e-w-e-d.


The doctor said my teeth are fine :D After I was done with the surgery (the surgery took around half an hour) , the dentist applied pressure on my gum using a gauze and she prescribed painkillers and mouthwash for me. I went to the pharmacy to collect them and not long after that, I called my mum and she picked me up from the hospital and I was sent home. 


 I wasn't in pain because of the numbness, but after a couple of hours, yeah. The numbness slowly hilang and I was in pain. The first 24 hours was definitely, definitely tough. My gum was bleeding for more than 10 hours. (I have stitches on my gum, yo.) 


I have to change the gauze frequently, and I could taste blood in my mouth. It wasn't a pleasant experience. There's one time when I juuuussst got home from the hospital, blood came out of my mouth because the gauze dah tak boleh serap anymore blood. D: Like I said, I have to change the gauze frequently.



I said to my mum "Ummi, I'm becoming a vampire~" T___T



The next day, my face became swollen. Sebelah je, sebelah lagi okay. XD I couldn't eat for the first 24 hours, though at that time I wanna eat tiga bungkus bee hun sup! Om nom noms bee hun sup~ :9 I ate porridge for a few days, and time macam ni lah tiba tiba rasa macam nak makan tempoyak lah, sambal lah. Adoi.


I wanted to update right after the surgery but I didn't know it was that painful to begin with. I am still recovering and taking painkillers every now and then, and the stitches on my gum will be taken out on 14th of April. Three more days. O__O Okay, Time to go grab something to eat!



Enough said here, bye! :)




No comments: