Wednesday, March 20, 2013

On hiatus




After not updating for a month, 
I thought I'd give up on blogging and move on with my life.




I was wrong.




Hello, earthlings! :)




My last paper was on the 1st of March, and I went home the day after. I'm looking forward for this short semester sebab timetable dia won't be as packed macam long semester! :D February was a pretty interesting month as I was involved in community service at an old folks home; whose name I'm not going to mention and no pictures for sensitivity reasons, went camping at Kem Mega Crystal, and gonna start buat kerja for our annual "Love from Heaven" charity event.  


Doing community service at the old folks home was definitely an eye opener. So, there's this guy, who happens to be in charge of the place, was very, very inappropriate. During the taklimat, he had the guts to say that these old folks ended up there because they 'did' something when they were young. He did not stop there, and I'm not gonna tell you what else he said. He was mean, and that's that.


I did meet a few old folks in both sections (the independent and dependent sections) and had a quick chat with an atuk, who was wearing sunglasses, (he's blind due to diabetes) kain pelekat and is fluent in English; we were told that he was a successful man when he was young. He said something to us before we left;



"It is nice to know that we're still wanted by the public" 



Words can't even describe this feeling I had when he said that. The community service is under mentoring activity, and the six of us (Asif, Raziman, Oka, Nanda, Finaz and I) together with our second year seniors returned to our university lepas solat Jumaat.



~~~



Kem Mega Crystal was a so-so. I think most of us tak suka the program simply because of the timing. All of us had quizzes the following week and final exams the week after. Jadi macam last minute nak exam ada camping. Ooh and everyone became tanned! :p

Fellow classmates. On Saturday morning, while waiting for the bus.

I was involved in a game where they made this huge snakes and ladders board game and we're (one person from each group) the tokens. :p



~~~




From left; Hana, Tracy, Sir Yow, Lavi, Jessie, me, and Yew. It was sir Yow's last class with us. :)


So, about the book vouchers. It. was. crayyyzeeehhh! I came early around 8.15 am, (the counters bukak at 9 am) thinking that I will get the vouchers cepat so that I can go straight to my 10 o'clock class. Tapi ramaaaaai yang potong queue. Orang yang datang awal semua kena potong, jadi tak bergerak. So, I stood there quietly, looking at those yang potong queue;



*now, let's take a moment to fangirl over Mike*


..aaand finally, I managed to get my hands on those vouchers. Itu pon sebab I had a friend who saw me stood there for too long and helped me out. :'3 We came a bit late to class but not too late to miss out on lecture. :)


Last Sunday, my mum and I went to The Curve to buy some books! It has been awhile, and banyak benda dah lain. I miss Damansara; the place, the food, the people. *sobs* *sobs*


Deliciousness.


I spent RM150 of my vouchers at Borders, and received discounts for future purchases. Yay to that! :) I spent the vouchers on books, stationary and umi's magazine. xD


Bought two more books by Jodi Picoult; Lone Wolf and The Pact. I already bought two of her books back in matriculation; Nineteen Minutes and House Rules. Semua guna vouchers. :3

What I love about her books is that she writes about family, issues that come with it, humanity, sacrifices. Books that make you think. :)



~~~



Oh! last weekend, umi said she found something interesting on the internet;




and wanted to try it herself, and I was like;




I thought they were funny-looking. Anyway, here's the result;



Makan dengan bolognese sauce. :9





Class starts next week, and I am nowhere near ready. Ini baru cuti 2 minggu, belum lagi 2 months. T__T That would be all. Have a great week! Goooooodbye! :)





2 comments:

Amelia said...

*hugs* miss youu!
hey shez! that spaghetti-sausage look so interesting. give me a link to it? :)
hehe

Shezryna said...

*hugs back* hey Nora! :D It has been awhile. Alamak, takde link la, sebab my mum jumpa on Facebook and dia tunjuk gambar je, and nothing else. Sorry. But here's something I found on the net:
http://www.thekitchn.com/look-crazy-spaghetti-hot-dogs-87900