I am not good at keeping a conversation alive. :(
I mean, of course if I know you personally and we're friends, then there should be no problem whatsoever. I'm talking about what if we haven't been keeping in touch for years, and then suddenly one day I decided to give you a ring to scratch that "distant friend" label (I assume) and you know, try to re-connect? The whole conversation would most probably go like this;
Me : Oh hey, how are you? It's been years kan? Sihat?
Random friend : Oh, I'm doing fine. Yes, yes. It's been years. Sihat. How about you?
Me : Tu lah. Sihat sihat.
Random friend : ....
Me : ....
Random friend : ....
Me : ....
Random friend : ....
Me : Well this is awkward.
Mmkay. You get my point, right?
Oh, and don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming my random friend for not attempting to keep the conversation alive. In fact, I think me calling out of the blue is already pretty weird. Oh come on Shez, you can't just call someone you haven't contacted in years and expect it not to be awkward. It has been years! :O With that said, I'd rather text someone than giving 'em a call. I feel that somehow there's gonna be an awkward silence that I would rather not go through again. Yes, I said "again". *facepalm* Enough said here. :B
6 comments:
Ikr? so very awkward. I hate it when that happens. It would probably happen to us. Dah lama tak contact each other. err. see, I don't even know if you remember me.
O_o
asdfgasdfg Nora!! Hehe of course I remember you! :D We used to hang out back in primary school. Aaahh lamanye! :'D How did you find me? And most importantly, how have you been? :)
hah! YEAY you remember me. lol I stalked somebody who linked your blog and now I'm stalking you. haha I'm not that creepy really. I'm fine, chillin' at home mostly. Cuti~ How about youu? :)
Haha I'm a "silent reader" as well. Samalah kita. Duduk rumah. Currently waiting for upu result. Keluar this Friday if I'm not mistaken. Yay! We have reconnected! :P
Heee, I bet if jmpa depan2 will be awkward. Thank you internet for connecting us again. sooo~ Whatchu get? for upu, I mean :)
I know. Eh, I just made a new post on that one. Hehe.
Post a Comment